DAVE School continues to stay ahead of new developments in technology and industry trends with the addition of its newest Virtual Production Diploma program. This program gives students a broad range of skills from both the Visual Effects and Gaming arenas and will allow them to pursue jobs in the “real-time” frontier of the 3D computer graphics industry. Industry possibilities include Feature film and broadcast, game art, architectural visualization, virtual reality, and simulation.
This 18-month, 90 credit hours’ diploma meets the growing industry demand for 3D artists with this new filmmaking model that includes a mix of computer-generated and live-action methodologies. The first 48 weeks of the program are taught live online followed by a 24-week Studio Residency at DAVE School’s campus located in Orlando, FL.
What is Virtual Production?
It is when live-action footage is combined with computer graphics across multiple locations and delivers feedback across digital or physical environments simultaneously.
Virtual Production Program Competencies:
- Develop the professional and technical skills needed to model, UV, texture, animate, light, and render industry-standard 3D digital geometry used to integrate into professional motion picture visual effects, game and real-time, immersive, virtual production technologies using state of the art and industry-standard hardware and software.
- Exhibit the principles of motion picture VFX and real-time immersive virtual production pipelines by utilizing various computer hardware, software technology to problem solve, plan and create production-ready assets and deliverables.
- Apply effective communication, oral, written, and non-verbal skills that are appropriate in the professional context of the motion picture and game/immersive technologies field when working with clients and communicating with other professionals.
- Demonstrate the ability to logically direct the modeling, UVing, texturing, animating, lighting, and rendering of industry-standard 3D digital geometry and environments for use in professional motion picture visual effects, game, and real-time immersive virtual production pipelines.
- Employ strategies for production management to meet professional virtual production pipeline deliverable requirements and specifications, milestones, and delivery deadlines.
Fundamentals of Asset Creation & 3D Design
3D Animation: The Art of Motion
Compositing & VFX: Principles of Integration
Game Asset Creation & Immersive Techniques
Advanced VFX Pipelines & Studio Production
Real-Time Technologies & Studio Production
To learn more about our Virtual Production program, visit our School Catalog or call us today and speak to one of our Admissions Representatives.
About The DAVE School
The DAVE School was founded on June 8, 2000, by two Industry executives looking to create #CareerReady artists with a practical animation school. Today, The DAVE School offers specialized training in Visual Effects and Game Production with extensive practice under industry-level supervision.
Located on the backlot of Universal Studios Florida®, The DAVE School has an 18,000 square foot facility that includes learning and interactive labs, a dedicated Virtual and Real-Time production stage, a Vicon motion capture system, 3D printing, and VR/AR labs and secure student access 7 days a week.
The DAVE School is an academic unit of NUC University (NUC), which is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000) www.msche.org. NUC’s NUC University – IBC Technical Division (NUC-IBC), Florida Technical College (FTC), and The Digital Animation & Visual Effects School (The DAVE School) are included in this accreditation. The MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).