The DAVE School has representatives located in several countries across the world including Latin America, South East Asia, and Europe.
The DAVE School is approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to issue Certificates of Eligibility (Form I-20) through the Student and Exchange Visitors Program (SEVP) and the Student and Exchange Visitors Information System (SEVIS). Form I-20 is necessary in order for international students to obtain an M-1 Visa required to attend residential programs at the school.
WhatsApp 407 449 0346
International Students Checklist
In addition to the standard admission requirements and payment schedules, international students also require the following:
- Academic equivalency of a high school diploma or secondary education in the U.S.
- Completed and signed Student Information sheet*
- Completed, signed, and certified Financial Affidavit* and/or official certified bank statement showing the availability of funds in U.S. dollars for tuition and living expenses (statement must have been issued within the past 30 days)
- Demonstrated English proficiency for students whose first or native language is not English
– International English Language Testing
– TOEFL scores of 500 PBT/173 CPT/61 iBT
– Duolingo score of 100 or higher
– Certification of English language studies
– System (IELTS) with a level of 6 or higher
– A grade of ‘C’ or better in an intermediate ESL course
– Graduation from an English-speaking secondary institution
– Evidence of having completed 12 semester hours or 18 quarter hours with at least a ‘C’ (70%) average at an accredited post – secondary institution in which English was the language of instruction
- A down payment of $10,000 is due prior to issuance of the I-20M-N.
- The balance of tuition after that may be paid in full or on the 1st day of each term if choosing an installment plan.
*Forms may be found in our international info pack, through our website, or upon request from the admissions department.
After You Apply to the DAVE School
Take Your English Test with Partner Duolingo
Minimum score: 100
The Duolingo English Test is an online English proficiency test that can be taken online, ondemand, in under an hour for only $49. The test is taken via a computer with a camera and includes a proficiency score, video interview, and writing sample which are shared with DAVE School when you send your results. Certified results are available within 48 hours of the test session.
Obtain Your Form I-20 from your Designated School Official
All international students that are looking to study in the United States are required to have a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.” Once a student is accepted into DAVE School, international students will receive a Form I-20 from their designated school official or DSO. You must sign the Form I-20 along with your DSO. If you’re under the age of 18, your parents or legal guardian must sign for you. If you plan on bringing dependents along with you to the United States, they must also have a Form I-20.
Form I-20 is an important document that must be kept safe as it’s needed during the international student life cycle.
Pay Your I-901 SEVIS Fee
You must pay for the I-901 SEVIS Fee after receiving the Form I-20 from your designated school official or DSO. There’s information that’s located on Form I-20 that will help you pay the fee. Paying the I-901 SEVIS Fee is required prior to entering the United States.
What do I need to pay the I-901 SEVIS fee?
● Your full name, date of birth, and email address.
● Country of birth and citizenship.
● School Code as it’s listed on the Form I-20 “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.”
● SEVIS Identification Number as listed on Form I-20.
Obtain Your Student Visa
Your Form I-20 lists your program start date 30 days before you’re allowed to enter the United States. Your M-1 Student Visa must match the type of Form I-20 that you have. You are expected to have the ORIGINAL Form I-20 at your visa interview.
Secure Housing with Collegiate Housing Services
Collegiate Housing Services (CHS) offers a shared housing program in full-size apartments that are typically within 10 miles of campus. Apartment rent, furniture, and basic utilities are all included in your monthly housing payment. All students are on an individual lease that corresponds with your academic dates and a locked-in price that isn’t impacted by roommates. CHS provides both shared and private bedroom options in two and three-bedroom apartments.
Employment Authorizations for International Students:
Optional Practical Training (OPT)
F-1 students may be eligible for 12 months of full- or part-time off-campus employment that is directly related to your program of study. US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) must approve your application and the student must receive your Employment Authorization Document (EAD) before starting your employment.
24-month STEM OPT: F1 students on post-completion OPT may be eligible to apply for the additional 24-month STEM OPT work authorization.
“Thanks to the rigorous training and a little help from career services, I was able to land a job a few weeks after graduating. I am now working at MPC, one of the biggest studios in the industry, and working on projects directed by Tim Burton, Rob Letterman, and more!”
“Graduating as a CGI generalist from the DAVE school was such a huge catalyst for change in my career. Within a year of finishing, I was not only working as a full-time CGI artist, but I was also leading the team! Working as a lead with the skills of a generalist allows for very big picture thinking and truly is the ultimate CGI role!”
“My Journey as an animator has been really exciting after graduating from Dave School. I came back home (to Delhi, India) and was able to land a really Great Job as an Gaming Animator with Technicolor. Later In the year 2020, I decided to move on with something new with my collective skill set. Now I work in the casino gaming industry with Aristocrat Technologies as a Lead Animator exploring new technologies like Unity.”
“After my year at the DAVE School, I was hired by Technicolor and put into the Lighting Academy in Montreal. A film needed to be delivered and I was put right into the Layout department working on my first movie, CATS. I am thankful for the training I received from DAVE School.”
“I got offered a permanent position as a 3D artist at Random 42. I have accepted the
job and will be moving to London permanently this weekend to start working.”